LINOLEUM 2022 | RULES & REGULATION
International Contemporary Animation and Media Art Festival LINOLEUM (hereinafter: Festival) is specialised international competition festival of animated films, taking place in Kyiv September 7-11.
Festival’s submissions are open to films applying all animation techniques, including combinations with live action and documentary. Over 40% of the production must be animated, and the Festival reserves the right to determine whether an entry qualifies as animation.
Films should be completed after 1 January 2021. Films entered for previous festival will not be taken into consideration. Short films (maximum running time 30 minutes) can be submitted to following competition categories:
- International Competition
- National Competition (only for Ukrainian animation films)
- Commissioned Films
- Experimental Animation and Video Art
- Animation for children
- Animation created by children and teens (up to 14 y.o.)
- Ecoleptic (for environmental films)
- Erotique est Magnifique (for erotic films)
- Ladies First (film made by female directors)
- Scary Tales (for horror films)
- VR animation
The Festival reserves the right to determine whether an entry qualifies for the chosen category. There is no entry fee.
Entries are submitted via FilmFreeWay
Submission deadline is May 21, 2022.
The Jury of the competition program determines the winners in the following categories:
- Best Film in International Competition
- Best Film in National Competition
- Best Commissioned Film
- For each film the applicant is required to fill out an online entry form via FilmFreeWay
- The online application should contain additional materials: director’s photograph; 3 still images from the film (min. 300 dpi); dialogue list in English.
- The submitted work must be in the final edited version.
- Unfinished films will not be taken into consideration.
- Films with dialogue or narration in languages other than English should have English subtitles.
RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each applicant declares to be the author or rights owner of the submitted film(s) and to own all literary, dramatic and musical rights.
- Once a film has been selected and invited to participate in the Festival, it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program.
- For the promotion of the Festival, the organizers may screen the films from the festival archive after the competition within LINOLEUM on Tour program. The aim of this program to showcase and popularize best short animation in Ukrainian cities, where the possibilities to see festival films are very confined.
- The Festival has the right to use all materials related to the submission as well as a film excerpt up to 10% of the total length of the film that will not exceed more than 3 minutes for promotional purposes.
- The Festival does not pay screening fees for the selected works.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Participation in the Festival, and its film submission process, implies acceptance, without reservation, to the terms of the present regulations. An entry form is valid without a signature and a seal.